ELSA data are accessible to researchers and policy analysts worldwide. Because of this, more than half of the scientific publications from ELSA are from outside the core team.
To encourage the use of ELSA data, we will be making resources available from various ELSA-related training courses and conferences.
ELSA User Day
Wednesday 17th October 2018
The ELSA User Day was on opportunity to find out more about the tools and resources available when analysing the ELSA data. Computer-based workshops provided practical guidance on using ELSA-specific data, as well as an introduction to using the Gateway to Global Aging Data.
1. Welcome and overview of ELSA
2. Access to ELSA data and other restricted variables
3. Weighting issues
4. Financial derived variables
5. Gateway to Global Aging Data
6. Life history data
7. ELSA data computer workshop on life histories
ELSA Wave 8 Report Launch
Thursday 18th October 2018
The ELSA Wave 8 Report Launch brought together researchers, policy makers and other stakeholders to discuss the latest findings from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing.
The presentations are available at the links below, and the list of posters that were presented can be found in the conference programme.
1. Welcome and over view of ELSA in 2018 – Andrew Steptoe
2. The experience of those affected by the state pension age increase – Neil Amin Smith
3. Life expectancy and the purchase of annuities – David Sturrock
4. The determinants and consequences of falling at older ages – Paola Zaninotto
5. Biomarker trajectories and health outcomes – Camille Lassale
6. Area and social and health inequality in older age – Katey Matthews
7. Public transport policy and mental health – Mauricio Avendano
8. Social and cultural engagement and wellbeing – Daisy Fancourt
ELSA Wave 8 Report – Code
1. Social chapter syntax [download]
2. Health chapter syntax [download]
3. Economics chapter syntax [download]